Sunday, January 6, 2013

Cakes II

Here are my cakes of 2012:

Newt and Houston had a joint Bday this year so they had a joint cake.  Houston (4) wanted a dump truck and Newt (8) wanted Legos. What we got was a lego-hauling dump truck.  Darth Vader was supposed to be driving, but he was a little late showing up and so he had to ride on the wheel hubs, after this picture was taken, and the door was already iced *er* locked.  The dump truck was made out of a cake cut out of a loaf pan.  The wheels are chocolate gem donuts.  Mawmaw found the candy legos in Jackson.






Jane had a simple sheet cake with a chocolate Minnie Mouse. 





This flock of turkeys were treats for Newt & Katie's classes for Thanksgiving.  



Houstons's class has a Nativity Cake each year and I was so happy to make it this Christmas!  His teacher gave me the hand-carved and painted nativity set to use.  The sky backdrop is a big ol' rice crispy treat covered with marshmallow fondant.  This was my first foray into marshmallow fondant.  It was much quicker easier than I thought it would be. And it tasted better than I thought it was.  Not that I sampled while I baked.  Who does that?


No comments:

Post a Comment